The Brookings Friends of Baseball (FOB) is going to utilize a system known as EasyAlert – which comes standard with our online registration system. It’s free for us to use and a very quick and easy way for us to get in contact with the entire organization quickly. No phone trees or missed emails, and the messages are relayed instantly.
One thing to note, and it’s the same thing as any other texting service. If you don’t have a texting package on your cell phone you’ll probably be charged for receiving messages. If you’re OK with this, or have some form of texting packing on your phone account, please follow these quick instructions to sign up for this service.
1. Log into your Sports Signup account using the same login info you used during registration. If you forgot this info there is a “Forgot Password” link on the registration site. Here's the link for the FOB SportsSignup Registration page.
2. Once logged in, on the right side of the screen you’ll see a note talking about Account Settings. Click that to load a page with all adults and children listed on your account. If you need to add an adult to your account (in other words, another person who you want to receive these alerts) you can do so at this time by clicking Add Adult in the upper right hand corner. Only two adults can be listed on an account. Make sure that the phone numbers for any adults you add are listed as Mobile. You'll see a place to enter that when adding an adult. Once adults are added you'll be directed back to the main account page where again you'll need to click Account Settings. Do so at this time.
3. In the upper right corner again a menu option for Mobile Phone Settings - click that. On the page that loads, all phones listed as mobile will be shown. One at a time you'll have to enable texting for each listed phone that you want to recieve alerts.
4. Follow the instructions on the page that comes up regarding sending a text to a number (that number should be 698326) with the word “new” (without the quotes) as what you’re texting, and hit send. You’ll get a confirmation code shortly – enter that code in the box where it says to enter it and click Save.
5. You’re all done! You’ll be directed back to the page with your phone numbers on it and a message will show saying “Phone is authorized for text messaging.” Repeat the process with any other numbers you wish to receive texts from.